FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Attachment problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Attachment problem [message #34103] Thu, 05 October 2006 22:27 Go to next message
pjskluzacek is currently offline  pjskluzacek   United States
I'm testing a new forum. Everything works great except file attachments. Every attachment seems to be altered somehow. Example, I attached a word doc. When I download it the name changes to index.doc and then it wouldn't open in Word. Also, if I attach a picture the name when you download it changes to index and all you get fora picture is a little red x. What changes do I need to make?
Re: Attachment problem [message #34123 is a reply to message #34103] Fri, 06 October 2006 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What browser are you using?

One thing you may want to try is do md5 check on the file on the forum machine (files/ directories is where the attachments are kept) and compare it to the md5 checksum of the original file and see if they match.

If they do, then the problem is a browser issue and we need to see about tweaking browser headers for this situation.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Attachment problem [message #34154 is a reply to message #34123] Mon, 09 October 2006 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did the MD5 checks and the files are the same. I'm using IE but I tried using Firefox and got the same results. Any ideas?
Re: Attachment problem [message #34160 is a reply to message #34154] Mon, 09 October 2006 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Is your forum running in https? What version of IE are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Attachment problem [message #34167 is a reply to message #34160] Mon, 09 October 2006 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IE 6.0 The site isn't running on a secure server though the plan is once the forum is set up and tested to put it on a https password protected area. Also, I'm able to download attachments on this forum if that helps troubleshooting

[Updated on: Mon, 09 October 2006 15:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Attachment problem [message #34173 is a reply to message #34167] Tue, 10 October 2006 13:16 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
This forum is running a stock 2.7.6, so if it works here and you install the same version of your server it should work there as well. You may want to try and see what headers are being sent by your server in response to a request for a file download.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Multiple forums with multiple administrators and one user list - is this possible?
Next Topic: Data dump hangs
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:42:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04475 seconds