FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » mbox -> forum issues
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
mbox -> forum issues [message #34615] Thu, 09 November 2006 20:35 Go to next message
appscontent   United States
Forgive my suffering from newbie syndrome...

I have converted my mailman archives into an mbox format. I have downloaded fudbox.php from these forums. I have downloaded mbox.php from http://pear.php.net/package/Mail_Mbox.

Changes made to fudbox.php

define("MBOX_FILE", "/home/xxxx/arc_conversion_mbox/archives.mbox"); //THE MBOX FILE YOU WISH TO LOAD
define("SCRIPT_LOCATION", "/home/xxxx/FUDforum/scripts/maillist.php");
define("MBOXPHP_LOCATION", "/home/xxxx/FUDforum/scripts/mbox.php"); //THE MBOX PEAR MODULE
define("FORUM_ID", 4); //THE FORUM YOU WISH TO INPORT INT

Ran the following:

php -q fudbox.php

Get the following error:

Warning: main(/usr/local/php/lib/php/Mail/mbox.php): failed to open stream: No
such file or directory in /home/eunivers/bin/fudbox.php on line 36

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required
'/usr/local/php/lib/php/Mail/mbox.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxx/bin/fud
box.php on line 36

My guess is that MBOXPHP_LOCATION is wrong ... where do I put the file?

Also, if there is an easier way to load my archives ... could someone document it step-by-step
Re: mbox -> forum issues [message #34616 is a reply to message #34615] Fri, 10 November 2006 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently, I already have mbox pear module (see PHP Version below).

So my question is what should the setting for define("MBOXPHP_LOCATION", "/what/direcory/Mail/mbox.php"); //THE MBOX PEAR MODULE

PHP Version 4.4.3

Configure Command './configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs'
'--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-xml' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar'
'--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mysql=/usr'
'--enable-discard-path' '--with-pear' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars'
'--with-zlib'
Server API Apache
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/lib/php.ini
PHP API 20020918
PHP Extension 20020429
Zend Extension 20050606
Debug Build no Zend
Memory Manager enabled
Thread Safety disabled
Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, compress.zlib
Re: mbox -> forum issues [message #34622 is a reply to message #34615] Fri, 10 November 2006 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really need to load my archives in mbox format into FUDforum by this weekend. So if anyone could please just step me through this particular problem or recommend and alternate solution, I would be very appreciative.
Re: mbox -> forum issues [message #34624 is a reply to message #34622] Fri, 10 November 2006 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I don't know where you got the fudbox.php script or even what it does since it was not developed by the FUDforum team. There are two approaches you can take to importing mail messages into FUDforum.

1) Pipe messages one at a time to the forum via maillist.php script using mailing list import rule.

2) Parse messages yourself and use FUDAPI to create messages/topics as needed. FUDAPI is found inside fudapi.inc.php file inside the scripts/ directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: mbox -> forum issues [message #34626 is a reply to message #34615] Fri, 10 November 2006 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have an example of how to use option 1?

My 20,000+ archive messages are stored as individual HTML files. Does maillist.php script support this format?

I converted them to one large mbox file format. So you're saying that I cannot import this structure?

I am sure there are a number of users out there who have done this. Please, if there are detailed, step-by-step instructions for a newbie I would appreciate the help.

I've searched these forums and I wouldn't be asking if it were clear what I need to do.

Thanks
Re: mbox -> forum issues [message #34628 is a reply to message #34626] Fri, 10 November 2006 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The maillist.php script takes one message at a time, the message content body+headers is piped to the script which then parses it and imports it into the forum.

There are people who have imported from mbox, search the forum & google for their code examples, but I have not written that code so I cannot comment on it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: mbox -> forum issues [message #34635 is a reply to message #34628] Fri, 10 November 2006 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way, I found the script I referred to earlier in forums:

http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=19835
Re: mbox -> forum issues [message #34659 is a reply to message #34635] Sun, 12 November 2006 16:24 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Have you tried contacting the author of the script?

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: archive some forums in a category
Next Topic: How can I register Users Automatically from my other php applications?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 21 05:28:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08814 seconds