FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Include Comments In Coding
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Include Comments In Coding [message #34788 is a reply to message #34769] Fri, 17 November 2006 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dustin Kowalski is currently offline  Dustin Kowalski   United Kingdom
Absolutely. But to do this, the person wanting to make the change would have to work through any number of templates to get to the right one. Whilst it's to be understood that people really should look for themselves, I'm sure you;ll find a number (like me) who get exasperated after twenty unsuccessful minutes and then ask.

However, I wouldn't need to ask if the following were in place.

For example, I wanted to change the layout of the topic screens where "Delete", "Edit" etc buttons appear. (Still do actually.)

I've looked at the source code to see the HTML and have identified what needs changing. The thing is, I don't know what tmpl that's in! I've had a twenty-minute look and can't find it anywhere that I'd consider obvious, so I'm left with three options:

1: Keep on looking no matter how long it takes

2: Give up and decide not to make changes

3: Come here and request help.

I think that most people would choose option 3 fairly quickly, which means more work for you to to do, which wouldn't be necessary if the source code featured comments indicating every time a new template jumped in.

Still, you're the man who answers all the questions, so you decide http://www.jeb.org.uk/forumoj/images/smiley_icons/WinkSmile.png
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Save and undelete deleted messages
Next Topic: No more scrolling up when applying style to a message
Goto Forum: