FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Message order and tree view lining up
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Message order and tree view lining up [message #35662] Tue, 30 January 2007 08:55 Go to next message
m4morris is currently offline  m4morris   United Kingdom
I'm amazed that more people aren't asking about the order of threads. I desperately want my forum to list topics in the order they were created rather than having the latest post take a topic back to the top.

I've tried to search the forum for answers but it just doesn't seem an issue to anyone.

Can I reset my forum to have threads in fixed date order?

Also when viewing in tree view the title of the message is on one line on the left, the name of the poster is on the next line down on the right.

I'd like both to be on the same line and on the left giving it a more compact view.

Thirdly, I'm not receiving any email messages notifying me when people reply to my posts. I have email notification turned on but no mail? Any suggestions at what might need tweaking?

Thanks for taking the time to read and apologies if these topics have been covered. I have spent a while searching but could not find the answers.

Re: Message order and tree view lining up [message #35666 is a reply to message #35662] Tue, 30 January 2007 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This topic has been covered many times, search the forum archives for the answer. If you have any specific implementation question then ask.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Message order and tree view lining up [message #35667 is a reply to message #35666] Tue, 30 January 2007 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m4morris is currently offline  m4morris   United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply.

I've solved the lining up issue

but the order of threads is doing my head in. I've tried the obvious search wording but have not come up with a dummies guide thread to solving the issue.

a clue as to what file or template would be much appreciated.
Re: Message order and tree view lining up [message #35686 is a reply to message #35667] Wed, 31 January 2007 23:29 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
you need to adjust the code inside th_adm.inc.t, in particular the rebuild_forum_view_ttl(), th_new_rebuild(), th_delete_rebuild() and th_reply_rebuild().

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Change wording during the login process
Next Topic: Polls
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:32:54 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.28071 seconds