FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » images to mark administrators and moderators?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
images to mark administrators and moderators? [message #35754] Wed, 07 February 2007 17:50 Go to previous message
Lewis is currently offline  Lewis   United States
I would like to associate custom images with administrators and moderators, so that they will be easily identifiable to everyone in my forums. This has proven surprisingly difficult.

I first tried to do this using the rank images. However, because rank images can only be associated with post count, and not with authority or privileged membership or anything else, I could not. I see I'm not the only one who has tried this with fudforums, but apparently such use of ranks is not going to be supported by the software developers. Strike one.

My second idea was to use avatars. The only way to keep these images consistent is to make users choose from a built-in list. However, because administrators cannot moderate the use of built-in avatars, anybody in the forums could assign themselves the image I'd want to reserve for privileged members. Strike two.

My third idea was to use custom tags. This is the option that seems to be recommended by the software developers. However, if I'm going to add an image into the custom tags space, I want the whole image to be visible, rather than have it added to the bottom of a scrolling space that is too narrow to show the image. It's not attractive at all. Strike three.

Is there anyone who is willing to step up to the plate for me? Three things would help. If I could find a way to make the custom tags space expand to fit the dimensions of my custom images, instead of trapping them behind scrollbars, that would fix my problem. Or if I could find a way to force administrator approval before members can use built-in avatars, that would be a cumbersome but workable way to do it. Finally, if anyone has developed a way to associate ranks with some criterion other than post count, such as privileged member status, that would be an ideal and intuitive solution.

My forum is "Powered by: FUDforum 2.7.6."
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Convert FUD Postgres dump to MySQL
Next Topic: Forum integration
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:20:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03932 seconds