FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Forum integration
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum integration [message #35755] Wed, 07 February 2007 18:51 Go to next message
chickenout is currently offline  chickenout   United States
Hey Ilia et all,

I started building a new website and would like to use FUD as the forum for it. I know there are many topics on this, I've read through most of them and apologize for another one, but I am still not sure I totally follow.

I've set up the homepage with joomla which has a login form there. What I would like to have happen is when you log into the site then click on the forum link, your login info carries over and are automatically logged into the forum. From what I read, this is possible. Am I correct?

I see that FUDAPI and possibly forum_login.php are involved, but exactly how? Where do I put them within the directories to make use of them?

Also, what about if you register a new username from the homepage? Can that carry over and be acknowledged in the forum as well?

Any information beyond "..read up on php..", would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Forum integration [message #35768 is a reply to message #35755] Thu, 08 February 2007 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
forum_login.php provides API functions for logging in a user into a forum and setting a cookie on their machine. FUDAPI script provides functions for fetching user information, you can use to "register" users from FUDforum on other applications.

If you search the forum archives you will see some examples of how the two are being used.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Forum integration [message #35772 is a reply to message #35755] Thu, 08 February 2007 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chickenout is currently offline  chickenout   United States
I've done a bunch of searches for forum_login.php. There are defniitely threads involving those, but I can't seem to find much information.
Re: Forum integration [message #35783 is a reply to message #35772] Fri, 09 February 2007 01:07 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What information in particular are you looking for?

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: images to mark administrators and moderators?
Next Topic: how to add a link before the members button at the top
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:27:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02382 seconds