FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Migrating issues (Moving from Mandrake to Ubuntu box woes)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Migrating issues [message #36254] Sun, 11 March 2007 04:42 Go to previous message
brianjmurray is currently offline  brianjmurray   United States
We have a server nearing the end of its life hosting egroupware (v 1.0.0.005) and fudforum (v 2.6.0 (FUDeGW)). The new box is running Ubuntu 6.06. The egroupware and egroupware-fudforum packages were installed through apt. This installed egroupware v 1.0.0.009 and fudforum v 2.6.0.
The old data base had been exported using
mysqldump --default-character-set=ascii -l --add-drop-database --add-drop-table -h hostname -u username -p egroupware >egw.sql

This was moved over to the new server and imported into the new database using
mysql -u username -p egroupware --default-character-set=ascii<egw.sql

Everything except FUDForum works. I went through the steps several times with no luck. The way the packages are installed on Ubuntu are set up differently than they were on the Mandrake box. I attempted to tar up the entire web directory and home directory for fudforum and untar them into the smae structure on the new box but this had no affect either. Still everything but FUDForum works. Several of the threads that I've found that seem to be similar speek of moving the files and messages directories but I can't find those on the working server.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as the deadline for this move is approaching fast.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: SQL syntax error when trying to enter forums
Next Topic: 2.7.3 in eGroupware 1.2?
Goto Forum: