FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » User permissions
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
User permissions [message #36439] Fri, 23 March 2007 10:01 Go to next message
korwin is currently offline  korwin   Ukraine
I have experienced such problem: created user has permissions to see all forums/category unless I explicitly switch off this. So how can I setup FUDforum to set minimal permissions for new users? (New user should see nothing).

Thank in advance
Re: User permissions [message #36452 is a reply to message #36439] Sat, 24 March 2007 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
Open groups manager (link from front page) and edit registered and anonymous users for each forum, indicated with a *.
Re: User permissions [message #36464 is a reply to message #36452] Sat, 24 March 2007 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
korwin is currently offline  korwin   Ukraine
Thank you a lot. This problem confused me-(
Re: User permissions [message #36575 is a reply to message #36439] Sun, 01 April 2007 05:02 Go to previous message
Lewis is currently offline  Lewis   United States
You can also set up global anonymous and global registered permission masks in the admin control panel's "group manager," to limit the permissions that your "group leaders" can give out. You may want to control this also, but remember that it's a different feature from the "user-land group manager." I have to admit it took me a while to recognize the difference, even though there's a warning in big text on the admin control panel making sure I don't confuse the two different "group managers." Confused

[Updated on: Sun, 01 April 2007 05:02]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Using FUDAPI to log in a user
Next Topic: Integrating Photo Galleries with FUDForum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:21:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01962 seconds