FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Problems with Internet Explorer 7
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problems with Internet Explorer 7 [message #36532] Wed, 28 March 2007 18:55 Go to next message
sfowens is currently offline  sfowens   United States
I am having problems using Internet Explorer 7 to post to FUDforum 2.7.6. I can log in to the forum OK but within a few clicks my Logout [ username ] status changes to Login. Just when it happens is not always consistent. Sometimes on the first new page I click to, sometimes it is three or four pages down the line. So sometimes I can get the Post Form to create a new topic but when I press the Create Topic button the forum will tell me I am not logged in.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Note that I do not have any problem posting with Firefox. And a colleague has successfully posted to the newly installed FUDforum using IE6. So I think this is a problem with my IE 7 settings but I haven't been able to fix the problem. I have used Tools:Internet Options:Privacy:Settings:Sites to always allow cookies from my forum's domain but that has not changed the behavior.

By the way, I made the original post while logged in with IE7, then browsed around the forums and then came back and made this edit, all without having a problem. So my IE7 behavior on this forum is much better (seems just fine in fact) than what I am getting on my installed 2.7.6.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 March 2007 19:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with Internet Explorer 7 [message #36546 is a reply to message #36532] Fri, 30 March 2007 00:13 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If it works on this forum fine its more likely then not that the issue is in the forum settings, in particular the cookie domain & path values. Make sure that those values correspond with your domain and the directory that the forum is installed in.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: RSS: First post in each thread?
Next Topic: Using FUDAPI to log in a user
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 21 19:49:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02009 seconds