FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Attempting manual upgrade - which data is needed?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Attempting manual upgrade - which data is needed? [message #37244] Tue, 15 May 2007 18:03 Go to previous message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Hi Ilia,
After failing to upgrade my test installation (those MySQL problems), I am nervous about trying to run an upgrade script against my production installation (modified version of 2.7.5), which has my own database modifications and more than 34,000 posts that I don't want to lose. I ran a clean install of 2.7.7RC2 on my test installation and then applied my changes to it, and now have a modified version that is functional there. I want to copy this version to my production installation and then regenerate my themes. I have identified the following steps I will need to do to effect this migration:

- I have identified the database changes to your version since 2.7.5 and will put them in by hand.

- I will copy the following files in my test installation to my production installation:

[forum data]/include/GLOBALS.php (after editing in the correct values for my production forum)
[forum data]/include/GLOBALS_HELP

[forum data]/sql/*
[forum data]/src/*
[forum data]/thm/[all subdirectories]/*

[forum]
/adm/*

- Once all files have been moved and verified, regenerate themes

My question is: am I missing anything in my list of files above, that will not be autogenerated when I recompile my themes?

Regards
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Few issues after server transfer.
Next Topic: migration - large data import failes
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 18:39:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04303 seconds