FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Forum move without datadump
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum move without datadump [message #37914] Tue, 03 July 2007 22:26 Go to previous message
meshe is currently offline  meshe   Canada
I'm trying to move a FudForum from a shared hosting provider to a dedicated server. The main reason being that nearly everything in the admin section has quit working due to horrible limitations on the mysql timeouts and such with the shared hosting provider. Due to those limitations I can't do a forum datadump, it just times out with "mysql server has gone away".

That said, I've managed to disable the forum, copy the forum files by ftp and get a database dump from the hosting provider and push these up to the new server. I've updated all the paths to point at the forum's new location, database and server names but attachments don't seem to be working. It seems they are looking at __fud_cache and grabbing the file locations from the old directory paths.

Is there a safe way to delete the cache or update those paths so the attachments will load from the new directory structure? This is the only thing holding me back from the full migration of this forum. After that I can upgrade it.

Forum Version: 2.7.4

Thanks in advance,
meshe
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FUDforum 2.6.0 with MySQL 5.0.38 :: Installation Failed
Next Topic: Upgrade: 2.7.3 > 2.7.6 ?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-