FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » 'fix it' doesnt mogrify?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
'fix it' doesnt mogrify? [message #4189] Wed, 17 July 2002 21:15 Go to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
i have been able to get the avatar approval system to 'fix' avatars maybe once. now whenever someone submits an avatar i am having to use mogrify on it by hand. has this happened to anyone else?
Re: 'fix it' doesnt mogrify? [message #4190 is a reply to message #4189] Wed, 17 July 2002 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Can't say it has, when you click on the link 'Fix' it does not do anything?

What version of mogrify are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 'fix it' doesnt mogrify? [message #4191 is a reply to message #4189] Wed, 17 July 2002 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing, nada, zilch

i am using version 4.5.5...installed via apt-get from the testing tree
Re: 'fix it' doesnt mogrify? [message #4192 is a reply to message #4189] Wed, 17 July 2002 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for some reason i am getting
Quote:

mogrify: Unable to create temporary file (../images/custom_avatars/18) [No such file or directory].

Re: 'fix it' doesnt mogrify? [message #4193 is a reply to message #4192] Wed, 17 July 2002 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you please verify that images/custom_avatars directory exists.

It is located inside forum's main web dir.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 'fix it' doesnt mogrify? [message #4194 is a reply to message #4189] Wed, 17 July 2002 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh it exists

i can change into the directory and modify it but if i execute mogrify from the adm directory using the same options as the admapprove_avatar script does then i get that error
Re: 'fix it' doesnt mogrify? [message #4196 is a reply to message #4194] Wed, 17 July 2002 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
okie I see, I final question *i hope*, when you've specified the path to mogrify in admin control panel did you enter a relative or full path?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 'fix it' doesnt mogrify? [message #4198 is a reply to message #4189] Wed, 17 July 2002 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
full path
Re: 'fix it' doesnt mogrify? [message #4212 is a reply to message #4198] Thu, 18 July 2002 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Try replacing your admapprove_avatar.php with the one attached and see if it works.

I found your mogrify version a little 'strange', for example here is version string from my mogrify:

Version: @(#)ImageMagick 5.4.3 03/05/02 Q:16 http://www.imagemagick.org

I got it by running
mogrify | head -n1

Unfortunately mogrify does not have a parameter that just output the version, so you need to use something like head to grab the 1st line of mogrify's output, which just happens to display the version string.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 'fix it' doesnt mogrify? [message #4265 is a reply to message #4189] Sat, 20 July 2002 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the version is indeed 4.5.5

i may be incorrect but your attachment should just be plain text right? when i actually save the file it looks to be binary data. if i just open the file with my browser i get to read enough of the file to know that just replacing my copy with that one wont work because i am still using 2.2.1 (waiting to see if there will be an easier way to upgrade my theme and template before i do an upgrade...if not, well fun fun fun)

but i did manage to 'fix' it. i created a symlink to the custom avatars directory inside of the adm directory and then changed the approve script to look in adm/custom_avatars and it is working fine now.

speaking of the adm directory. how many files are supposed to be in it? i have a LOT.
Re: 'fix it' doesnt mogrify? [message #4271 is a reply to message #4265] Sat, 20 July 2002 14:16 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Actually it sends a header saying it is a binary data so instead of the browser opening the file in a window it would ask you where you want to save the file on your drive.

The adm directory should have ~ 48-49 files.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Date
Next Topic: moderated forums
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 19:28:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02464 seconds