FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Where do I find my forum?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Where do I find my forum? [message #4240] Fri, 19 July 2002 14:52 Go to next message
frostie is currently offline  frostie   United Kingdom
I've just successfully ( I thought)installed the FUDforum on my site. I went into admin, changed some preferences and clicked 'Return to Forum' to check. Everything was fine. I then copied the address in the address bar to paste into the relevant links on my site.
When I went to check I found that this address now took me to the homepage of my site and not the forum! So now I don't know where it is. I've tried different url's ie 'GLOBALS.php' or '/forum' tacked on to my site url, but no joy. This is the address that originally took me to the forum:

http://phobos.affordablehost.com/~brightonfixedodds.co.uk/index.php?rid=1&a mp;S=df4bed1cb47ba0a92a5f7bc6cd4b1ee7

but not now.
I can get back to the admin pages by giong into 'history' in my browser, but not the forum. Clicking on 'Return to Forum' now just takes me to my homepage but I don't know where I've gone wrong.
What url am I looking for? Is there any way I can find out? I'm very new to php and mysql so I'm not sure what to do. The database is all set up and as I say I have viewed the forum...once. I do know that if I FTP to my server I have a folder called 'GLOBALS.php' but no files in it, is this right? (Most of the other forum files just come up as 'permission denied' if I try and open them.)

Hope someone can help,

Cheers,

frostie
Re: Where do I find my forum? [message #4242 is a reply to message #4240] Fri, 19 July 2002 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Unusual problem, what is the url to your admin page?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Where do I find my forum? [message #4245 is a reply to message #4242] Fri, 19 July 2002 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's here:

http://phobos.affordablehost.com/~brightonfixedodds.co.uk/adm/admglobal.php ?rid=1&S=df4bed1cb47ba0a92a5f7bc6cd4b1ee7&rnd=762956961322098749629 9778111303139784

At the moment the www.root ends '/forum' but that's because I've been trying different combinations in here too.

Hope you can help.

Cheers,

frostie.
Re: Where do I find my forum? [message #4247 is a reply to message #4245] Fri, 19 July 2002 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
can you email (ilia(at)prohost(dot)org) me your GLOBALS.php file please.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Fri, 19 July 2002 20:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where do I find my forum? [message #4284 is a reply to message #4240] Sat, 20 July 2002 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Done.

--
frostie
Re: Where do I find my forum? [message #4318 is a reply to message #4240] Tue, 23 July 2002 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is driving me mad :-/

I removed FUDforum from my web space as I thought I would just try and install it again. I had to ask my server's helpdesk about this as all FUDforum folders give me the message '550: Permission Denied' whenever I even try to open/delete/anything them. Anyway, they kindly helped me out and I deleted all files/folders then uploaded the forum back to my web space.

I ran install.php and followed the instructions to chmod the two directories to 777 using WS_FTP LE.

After the second page I got the message: 'Couldn't open /home/brightonfixedodds.co.uk/data/images/b_bulletlist.gif for write'

And now I'm back in a position where I can't access/move/delete/chmod anything as I either get told 'permission denied' or 'operation not permitted' yet the only folders I am denied any access to are the FUDforum folders.

Does anyone know what's going?Please?

cheers,
--
frostie
Re: Where do I find my forum? [message #4362 is a reply to message #4240] Wed, 24 July 2002 21:10 Go to previous message
I've managed to solve the file permissions issue.

Thanks anyway

--
frostie
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: ALTER Error Compacting Messages
Next Topic: location of GLOBALS.php
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 06:08:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05755 seconds