FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How do I add my header html? and also footer like in 1.2.2
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How do I add my header html? and also footer like in 1.2.2 [message #5032] Fri, 16 August 2002 19:46 Go to next message
FUDchild is currently offline  FUDchild   United States
Seems you have changed just enough in the forum to discourage me from using it. I use to be able to design the layout and paste in my html and java stuff. If you can resolve this quickly I will be very happy, just went through the trouble to back my old forum up and install the newest build you have ... now I can't figure out how to make it look like my old forum? I have my own stuff I like to add to it and I am use to the layout of 1.2.2 ran it for a long time because none of your upgrade scripts would work. by the way the upgrade script you currently have doesnt work either from 1.2.2 says it cant create the adm directory.. and of course since its an upgrade and the directory already existed lol. Anyway cheer me up please I had and still might regain my hope for FUD if you can help me... If I am having trouble then for sure a novice would never have any success... perhaps its just me maybe I over looked something, as nothing seems very obvious with the current face lift.

In short How do I add my header html? and also footer like in 1.2.2..

And also why the layout change? soon only the few elite will be able to figure out what to do with it after they install and discover they have to be a scientist to add a header a footer and change some colors... or have to understand ccs.

Sorry if I sound angry, I am not.. I am just disappointed perhaps you can set me straight.

Thanks,
Your friend
TheGhost AKA Fud Child

[Updated on: Fri, 16 August 2002 19:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do I add my header html? and also footer like in 1.2.2 [message #5037 is a reply to message #5032] Fri, 16 August 2002 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can still easily insert HTML,Java etc... into FUDforum, infact the new system gives you a lot more flexebility when it comes to customizing your forum. Which is something made possible by the templating system.

To insert a custom header simply modify header.tmpl using the template editor.
To change the colors & other css properties simply modify the forum.css.tmpl

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How do I add my header html? and also footer like in 1.2.2 [message #5038 is a reply to message #5037] Fri, 16 August 2002 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Fri, 16 August 2002 16:29

You can still easily insert HTML,Java etc... into FUDforum, infact the new system gives you a lot more flexebility when it comes to customizing your forum. Which is something made possible by the templating system.

To insert a custom header simply modify header.tmpl using the template editor.
To change the colors & other css properties simply modify the forum.css.tmpl

Do i just place my html code inside that file?
Re: How do I add my header html? and also footer like in 1.2.2 [message #5039 is a reply to message #5038] Fri, 16 August 2002 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
inside that file there is a
{SECTION: header}
HTML_CODE
{SECTION: END}

You can put just about anything inside that HTML_CODE bit.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How do I add my header html? and also footer like in 1.2.2 [message #5041 is a reply to message #5039] Fri, 16 August 2002 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Fri, 16 August 2002 17:02

inside that file there is a
{SECTION: header}
HTML_CODE
{SECTION: END}

You can put just about anything inside that HTML_CODE bit.

I will give it a try, is there an example anywhere. I know I sound silly but I am still confused just a tad... I know nothing about pHp Very Happy
Re: How do I add my header html? and also footer like in 1.2.2 [message #5042 is a reply to message #5041] Fri, 16 August 2002 23:11 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
The file you are editing is just HTML broken down into sections, there is no PHP code in there.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: how to disable icq status?
Next Topic: How di Hide my forums in 2.3.0RC2
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Oct 04 23:20:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03025 seconds