FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » forum lockups using 1.2.8
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
forum lockups using 1.2.8 [message #5350] Thu, 29 August 2002 01:41 Go to next message
sdefranc is currently offline  sdefranc   Australia

Hi all,

I'd like to run this past everyone to see if anyone else has experienced this behaviour.

We are running a fairly busy forum using FUD 1.2.8, and have been having some intermittent problems with forum hangs. It's hard to say what the exact number per day is, as it eventually comes good by itself, I estimate it happens about 6 or 7 times a day, could be more, could be less.

During the problem, connecting to the forum results in a blank white page with no error messages, the browser just sits there.

On the server, the number of httpd processes build up, server-stats shows that most are in status "W" (sending reply). I can restore the forums by stopping and starting apache.

I have a funny feeling it's something to do with posting, since after it happens we sometimes get a post with "No Message Body", but can't replicate the problem to figure out an exact cause.

We are running Redhat 7.3, but it happened under 7.2 as well. All other php/apache/mysql versions are standard redhat (with standard RHN updates applied).

Any ideas appreciated.

Regards
Sam.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 August 2002 01:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: forum lockups using 1.2.8 [message #5351 is a reply to message #5350] Thu, 29 August 2002 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I'd say your first step should be upgrading to version 2.3.0 as that will not only add numerous optimizations but also solve a fair number of bugs/problems found in that release.

As far as general advice, if you are using persistant connections to connect to MySQL consider switching to non-persistant connections and see if the problem goes away.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: forum lockups using 1.2.8 [message #5354 is a reply to message #5350] Thu, 29 August 2002 04:55 Go to previous message
sdefranc is currently offline  sdefranc   Australia

Thanks for that.

We are indeed using persistant connections, which I have just disabled.

We are planning to upgrade soon.

Thanks for your assistance, I realise that this is an old version, just thought it might have been something common or well known.

Regards
Sam
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Compact Messages bug in rc3
Next Topic: about time zone
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Oct 03 23:20:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03177 seconds