FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Scheduled backups
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Scheduled backups [message #5649 is a reply to message #5646] Wed, 11 September 2002 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
smeghead is currently offline  smeghead   Canada
prottoss wrote on Wed, 11 September 2002 12:54

Session will expire after a while.

Since a backup script is something that people may be interested to run in a cron I'll modify the the source code to allow the form to authenticate the user by using HTTP AUTH. Thus making it easy for your to script the backup process in a cronjob using wget or simular tools.

Great! That will really help Smile

Quote:

As for cartoon thing, you are simply not doing something correctly if you need to rebuild the them each time. Had I wanted to do the same thing, I would fetch the cartoon in a cronjob saving the file as date + special script, ex. dilbert_20020911.jpg.
Then have a symlink to this image like dilbert_current.jpg, my forum would then link to dilbert_current.jpgm, which would always be the latest cartoon. All very nice and simple Smile

The way I did it was to download the cartoon to the /tmp directory, then copy it on top of /var/www/forum/thm/default/images/todaysdilbert.gif. This file is referenced in the index.tmpl file using an img tag. Is this a bad way to do it?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message