FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Polls not consistent
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Polls not consistent [message #5685] Sat, 14 September 2002 13:33 Go to next message
penrick is currently offline  penrick   United States
I created 4 polls yesterday. 2 work for everyone and 2 work only for the admin and moderator. The 2 that do not work will not show poll buttons at all. I tried to create polls this morning and none will work for anyone other than Admin/Moderator. Help!

[Updated on: Sat, 14 September 2002 13:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Polls not consistent [message #5687 is a reply to message #5685] Sat, 14 September 2002 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Are the 2 that work for only Admin/Mod are inside a forum where regular users cannot vote?

Alos, what forum version are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Polls not consistent [message #5694 is a reply to message #5687] Sat, 14 September 2002 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penrick is currently offline  penrick   United States
I am using 2.3.0

The 4 polls are all under the same catergory.

You can check it out - go to www.penrick.com
Political Campaigns
When you go into State and County Elections, the polls work
When you go to State Rep or Register of Probate Race, the polls do not work for members.

For the hell of it, I made up a new name and went through many of the polls. I could do most of them, a few wouldn't allow me. People have complained in the past. They were able to choose an option but there was no vote button. Now there is a vote button but no way for them to choose.

I wish I could explain in computer terms but I have none. The administrator is my partner who is sick of me asking him to look at the site. Too much info!!! hee hee
Re: Polls not consistent [message #5696 is a reply to message #5694] Sat, 14 September 2002 20:04 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Uhm, I went to the forum and here is what I see...

You have a 'Political Campaigns' category, inside that category you have 3 forums. The 'State & National Elections' and 'State Representative Race' are two seperate forums inside that category.
If you can vote in 1 forum and not the other there is a 99% likely hood that your permission settings inside the group manager allow users to vote on polls inside 1 forum and not the other.

To solve this problem, login as an administrator, click on the 'Group(s) Manager' link. From the selectbox choose the group who's name matches the forum you cannot vote in, for example: 'Register of Probate Race' and click on the 'Edit Group' link.

On that table at the bottom of the page, see if 'All Registered Users' have 'Vote' permission (set to YES), of not edit that group and assign registered users 'Vote' permission.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Bug with Profile viewing
Next Topic: Smilies and Mac issues?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:52:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03094 seconds