FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » MySQL bug?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
MySQL bug? [message #6450] Fri, 11 October 2002 15:34 Go to next message
ctbk is currently offline  ctbk   Italy
Hi, in another thread I described what happens to me if I turn on persistent connections.

I suspect it is a DB problem, but I'm not sure.
The fact is now I get the same problem (much less often) even if I use non-peristent connections:

Query: Initiating mysql_connect
Server Version: Unknown

What can I do to avoid this error??

Anyone knows what is the problem?

(the result of this malfuncioning is a blank page <html><body></body></html> or something like that.)

~
~
:wq
Re: MySQL bug? [message #6452 is a reply to message #6450] Fri, 11 October 2002 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Persistant connection should not be used unless you are 110% certain your server is properly configured. The reason for this is fairly simple. MySQL has a limit on the number of opened connections at any one time. When you use persistant connections each Apache child will eventually have an open connection to MySQL. This will result in lower number of avaliable MySQL connection being avaliable at any one time and could result in various problems.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: MySQL bug? [message #12876 is a reply to message #6452] Mon, 15 September 2003 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
craig_restraint is currently offline  craig_restraint   United States
I'm having this same problem. I've turned off persistant connections but every once and a while (around 1 in 10) i get the same error posted above and..

Warning: mysql_connect(): User XXXXX has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/XXXXX/public_html/msgboard/index.php on line 27

an error like that dumped to the screen.

Is there a way i can cleanse all the perstistant connections that are currently connected?

thanks much for any help,

-craig
www.chicagohardcore.net
Re: MySQL bug? [message #12957 is a reply to message #12876] Thu, 18 September 2003 16:45 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can cleanup all persistent connections by restarting apache or restarting mysql. The prior is easier. I DO NOT recommend using persistent connections.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 2.5.2 bug: I cant turn off tree view
Next Topic: Smilies/Fonts/Attachments bar not working!
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 06:15:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03793 seconds