FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Permission Denied! on logout
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Permission Denied! on logout [message #6571 is a reply to message #6559] Thu, 17 October 2002 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
roedema   United States
that's what it seems like it's doing alright. if I'm on a page that an anonymous user would be able to access, I don't get the error. as for the version, I installed from 'FUDforum2_20020826.tar.gz', which was 2.3.0 according to the footer of my pages. has this been fixed since then?

I was going to edit the link to remove the "returnto", but upon further consideration, a return to the last page is infinitely useful for shared computers. if two forum users share a computer, one may be about to reply to a post just to realize they're logged in under the wrong name. is there a quick fix to have Logout go to the Login page, and then have the Login button go back to the last location? I noticed in the change log that in a newer version the user is taken to his last location upon login, but this is a little different. one might argue that this is somewhat intrusive to privacy, but it would only be good for a direct Logout/Login. should a user go to a different page (e.g. the home page) or another site, or close the browser, the next Login would direct the user to the home page (or his last location, as chosen by a Preference).

sorry, perhaps this should go in Suggestions?

[Updated on: Thu, 17 October 2002 07:57]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: bug in rc4 about SQ