FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » Converting a Mailing List
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Converting a Mailing List [message #6721] Tue, 22 October 2002 15:50 Go to next message
jimk is currently offline  jimk   United States
I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm about to set up a FUD forum for my group and it sounds like the right place. Currently we run a discussion group via a mailing list. The mailing list runs using ezmlm, which I understand is very similar to a standard listserv.
My question is are there mailing list converters available, and if so where might I find them?

I want to convert my mailing list so that I don't just lose all of the archive information, and my members see all the old threads. Any ideas?

Jim
Re: Converting a Mailing List [message #6724 is a reply to message #6721] Tue, 22 October 2002 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, do you have a database of somesort a text file or SQL db with all the data? If so, then you could write a conversion script, based on existing conversion scripts avaliable. Since you'd be converting simple text data (user,subject,message) this should be a fairly easy script to cook up.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Converting a Mailing List [message #6726 is a reply to message #6721] Tue, 22 October 2002 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimk is currently offline  jimk   United States
Thanks for the quick reply. I looked at most of the scripts on this site and they all seem targeted to databases of some kind. Would there be something somewhere that you know which converts basic listserv (email/text) info?

Jim
Re: Converting a Mailing List [message #6728 is a reply to message #6726] Tue, 22 October 2002 18:17 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
fraid not, but as I've said before the database (text) you are going to be importing contain very little data, essentially 4-5 fields that you care about. I do not imagine an import utility would be difficult to create.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: WBB 1.1.1 to FUD Forum
Next Topic: WebBBS 2.25 converter?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 05 02:19:15 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02329 seconds