FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Corrupt Archive
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Corrupt Archive [message #6544] Wed, 16 October 2002 14:59 Go to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
trying to install on yet another site! All installs went smoothly without error ( although one forum is not working ).

downloaded the latest stable zip version. set permissions and ran install. Got the following error.
Quote:

Archive did pass checksum test, CORRUPT ARCHIVE!
If you've encountered this error it means that you've:
downloaded a corrupt archive
uploaded the archive in ASCII and not BINARY mode
your FTP Server/Decompression software/Operating System added un-needed cartrige return (' ') characters to the archive, resulting in archive corruption.

using ws_ftp le. checked the log and it said ascii. switched to manual mode ( had previously added php to ascii extensions ). uploaded in ascii. Same error.

downloaded zip file again and uploaded using smartFTP using ASCII mode. Same error.

fudforum running on another site with the same host

Suggestions?

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: Corrupt Archive [message #6545 is a reply to message #6544] Wed, 16 October 2002 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You have to upload the file in BINARY not ascii. Uploading the file in ASCII will result in archive corruption.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Corrupt Archive [message #7107 is a reply to message #6545] Thu, 07 November 2002 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
curtis is currently offline  curtis   United States
I have the identical problem, but I don't even know how to download the files in binary instead of ascii. I've tried downloading the files in each of your three compression modes, but can't seem to get around the error. Thanks for your help. The board looks great.
Re: Corrupt Archive [message #7108 is a reply to message #7107] Thu, 07 November 2002 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Read docs of your FTP program, most will tell you how to specify the upload mode ascii/binary.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Corrupt Archive [message #7110 is a reply to message #7108] Thu, 07 November 2002 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
WS-FTP has the capability of performing binary transfers. U have to tell the program not to upload php files as ascii. There are some default settings which will be used for asci transfer. If there's no other choice try the following: rename the script to install.zip and upload it. once up u can rename it back to install.php. Should toggle binary transfer and make the script work.
If this shouldn't work either, then best would be to throw away Windoze and get Linux or BSD instead Twisted Evil
just kidding Smile
bye Olliver
Re: Corrupt Archive [message #7111 is a reply to message #6544] Thu, 07 November 2002 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I got it! Thanks. I'm using Go Live's FTP browser and the default for php files is ascii. It took me a while (and a trip to Adobe's boards) to find how to change it. For reference, go to "web settings" and hit the "file mappings" tab. Click on the php file extension (in the text files) and change the mode in the "inspector" window.

Now...

Here's my latest error message (perhaps this should be a new post):

Warning: mkdir() failed (Permission denied) in /home/coastgui/public_html/forum/install.php on line 236

Warning: mkdir() failed (File exists) in /home/coastgui/public_html/forum/install.php on line 236
ERROR: failed creating /home/coastgui/public_html/forumdata/sql directory

Whass Up?

[Updated on: Thu, 07 November 2002 19:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Corrupt Archive [message #7112 is a reply to message #7111] Thu, 07 November 2002 19:09 Go to previous message
Hang on. I got that problem fixed too. I had set up a special forumdata folder without public permissions that was problematic.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: e-mailing woes
Next Topic: Error Step 1
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:20:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02102 seconds