FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » last question du jour: phpBB2 conversion
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
last question du jour: phpBB2 conversion [message #7232] Tue, 12 November 2002 20:51 Go to next message
curtis is currently offline  curtis   United States
Ok board is up and running beautifully! Now I ran the phpBB2TOfud converter and all seemed to go smoothly. Back in FUD, all messages seem good. However, when I try to add a new category, the new category does not display. All seems fine in admin control panel. I tried rebuilding theme, but the new category still does not show up back in FUD. Adding new forums works fine. Suggestions?

PS sorry for posting my previous queries in the wrong place.
Re: last question du jour: phpBB2 conversion [message #7233 is a reply to message #7232] Tue, 12 November 2002 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Category will not be displayed unless it has within it @least 1 forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
phpBB2 conversion [message #7235 is a reply to message #7233] Tue, 12 November 2002 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I forgot about that! Thanks. I love those simple problems! I seem to be good to go.

To anyone else who is reading this, I can't recommend this board (and this help!) highly enough!!
Re: phpBB2 conversion [message #7238 is a reply to message #7235] Tue, 12 November 2002 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One more problem (small, I hope). Users other than the admin can't seem to post to any of the forums that were converted from phpBB2. All forums appear to be unlocked. Admin can post fine.

I can think of one laborious fix that I would rather avoid: creating a new category and moving the forums (or their topics) to it. I haven't tried this to see if the "lock" is related to the categories or the forums and topics.

Is there any other solution?
Re: phpBB2 conversion [message #7240 is a reply to message #7238] Tue, 12 November 2002 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Check the permissions for the groups associated with the imported forums. Make sure regular users are allowed to post messages & so on...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: phpBB2 conversion [message #7242 is a reply to message #7240] Tue, 12 November 2002 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strange.

Newly registered users (not imported from phpBB2) have no problem posting.

I formed a new category, moved an old (imported) forum into it, and had the same problem.

I checked the global registered users in groups manager and they do have permission to post. Thought I'd try turning it off, then on again. Turning it off had no effect. New users could still post!

Another clue: I moved an imported topic to a newly made forum and and imported user could post to it. So there is the solution, with a lot of work!

I must be doing something that isn't right.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 November 2002 23:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: phpBB2 conversion [message #7243 is a reply to message #7242] Tue, 12 November 2002 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Dunno... I don't have enough info to tell you what is wrong.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: phpBB2 conversion [message #7246 is a reply to message #7243] Tue, 12 November 2002 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I created a new forum in a new category to match one of the imported forums in the imported category. Then I moved all the posts. When I logged in as an imported user, I got the message that the user permissions did not allow that action (posting or creating a new thread). I can't find anything that is wrong with the permission, though.

I don't hve so many users, so it is not a big deal to delete them and have them reregister. That's probably the simplest.

Thanks again for all your help. Have a good night.
Re: last question du jour: phpBB2 conversion [message #7878 is a reply to message #7232] Fri, 20 December 2002 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mikey is currently offline  mikey   United States
Can you tell me where I can find the phpBB2Tofud converter? Also, has anyone tried it with the postnuke phpbb2 mod?
Re: last question du jour: phpBB2 conversion [message #7879 is a reply to message #7878] Fri, 20 December 2002 07:02 Go to previous message
mikey is currently offline  mikey   United States
Duh, I found the conversion script. Never mind.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: User information don't update...
Next Topic: ALMOST THERE
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:28:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04673 seconds