FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Mysterious adding of '\' when using template editor
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mysterious adding of '\' when using template editor [message #8544] Fri, 07 February 2003 01:12 Go to next message
gzer0 is currently offline  gzer0   United Kingdom
When using the template editor, after I click on 'save changes' in the template editor, it oddly adds a backslash before any double quotes (") in the html. Multiple clicks of 'save changes' seems to double the ammount of backslashes.

I initially tested the forum on a home box running a beta of mandrake 9 and did not have this problem, it was only when I setup the forum on my live server running Redhat 8 that this problem appeared. I have tried the latest release candidate of FUDforum and the problem still exists there. It looks like it must be a problem of mysql/php/apache on the RH server that is not apparent on the Mandrake box.

Anyone have any similar problems with the forum on RH8??

[Updated on: Fri, 07 February 2003 01:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mysterious adding of '\' when using template editor [message #8560 is a reply to message #8544] Sat, 08 February 2003 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hayu is currently offline  hayu   United States
I experienced the same problem after I upgrade to 2.3.7 from 2.3.5 on my server. The only change I made on my server recently is upgrade php from version 4.2.3 to 4.3.0. I switched back to php 4.2.3 but that did not solve the problem. I suspect the issue is from the new version of FUDforum.

It is very unlikely that only two of us have this problem. Did anyone else upgrade to 2.3.7 and use the template editor?
Re: Mysterious adding of '\' when using template editor [message #8561 is a reply to message #8560] Sat, 08 February 2003 03:20 Go to previous message
hayu is currently offline  hayu   United States
Saw a post in the FUDforum Installation Issues forum.

Setting the magic_quotes_gpc = Off fixed the problem.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Email's dont work
Next Topic: Changed User....
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 10:51:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02715 seconds