FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » is it possible to allow anonymous/unregistered users a place for name to post with
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
is it possible to allow anonymous/unregistered users a place for name to post with [message #8570] Sat, 08 February 2003 22:05 Go to next message
juanso is currently offline  juanso   United States
instead of anonymous lurker, guest, N. Anonymous, stranger... .etc
my unregistered visitors would really enjoy being able to use their
names to post with.
many would rather not register, dunno why...?!

could i modify any files to do this?

[Updated on: Sun, 09 February 2003 00:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: is it possible to allow anonymous/unregistered users a place for name to post with [message #8584 is a reply to message #8570] Mon, 10 February 2003 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
To allow anon users to specify a name would require a number of changes, such as changing of the message table, every page where the name of the author is displayed and so on...

Many people do not register when they don't have to mostly due to laziness. So, the idea is to give them enough insentive (benefits to registered users) to take 2 minutes of their time and register.

FUDforum Core Developer
thanks [message #8592 is a reply to message #8584] Mon, 10 February 2003 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juanso is currently offline  juanso   United States
i couldn't agree more re: laziness... some peoples kids, huh!?
oh well, just thought i would check on the possibility.

have fun
awesome forum BTW Cool
Re: thanks [message #8906 is a reply to message #8592] Fri, 28 February 2003 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penrick is currently offline  penrick   United States
My forum is 1 year old and I want to open it up for 24 hours for everyone to post. No one needs to register or log in. What is the easiest way to accomplish this? Must I change each forum?

Thank you
Re: thanks [message #8936 is a reply to message #8906] Mon, 03 March 2003 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Make a new group that controls permissions for ALL forums and then grant the 'all anonymous' users reply & post permissions.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: is it possible to allow anonymous/unregistered users a place for name to post with [message #17186 is a reply to message #8584] Thu, 18 March 2004 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xonk is currently offline  Xonk   Germany
Hi!

First I have to say that the FUDforum is very nice, I like it very much. I just converted my phorum-boards for a test (BTW: I had to modify the upgrade-script. eg. the last-post-date was not set, so that the forum-display was wrong).

I used the phorum for a long time, because I like the tree-view. Some days ago I read about the FUDforum and was surprised, that there is another cool forum with optional tree-view.
Overall I like the FUDforum much more than the phorum but the only thing I miss, is the option for a user who's not registered to choose a name.

Will the feature perhaps come in a next release?

Greetings,

Xonk
Re: is it possible to allow anonymous/unregistered users a place for name to post with [message #17187 is a reply to message #17186] Thu, 18 March 2004 20:09 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Nope, sorry.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Don't understand templates.
Next Topic: how does maillist.php work?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Oct 03 17:20:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02583 seconds