FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » 2 questions about configuration
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
2 questions about configuration [message #8738] Thu, 20 February 2003 00:56 Go to next message
2sharp is currently offline  2sharp   Australia
Firstly,
I have only one forum on my site and would like it to automatically load to the first page of posts rather than the normal list of forums (since I don't have a list)

Secondly,
How do I set it so that posts don't need approval before appearing on the forum. Seems to be set so that everything waits for my approval first.

Chers in advance

2sharp
Re: 2 questions about configuration [message #8739 is a reply to message #8738] Thu, 20 February 2003 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AutoHost is currently offline  AutoHost   United States
1. I don't know if that can be done.

2. Sounds like you have your forums set to be 'moderated'. That means you have to approve every post before it shows up.

Ron Miller
Stars! AutoHost
Re: 2 questions about configuration [message #8740 is a reply to message #8739] Thu, 20 February 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2sharp is currently offline  2sharp   United States
Can you tell me how I change it to un-moderated?
Found this-
"Moderate Forum Posts:
If enabled, any posts made by forum members in the forum would need to be 1st approved by the moderator(s) before they are syncronized to the mailing list or appear in the forum." - under the Mailing List Manager heading, but when I set it to No I can't see any way of making it stick. If I click on another section and come back to mailing list Manager is has returned to a setting of YES.

2sharp

[Updated on: Thu, 20 February 2003 05:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2 questions about configuration [message #8763 is a reply to message #8740] Fri, 21 February 2003 21:51 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Normally forums are not moderated, so you had to have enabled it for it be active. To disable it, go into the forum manager and change forum moderation from YES to NO.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How do i change the background color
Next Topic: Stop POST count from showing
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:51:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02888 seconds