FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » registered member can't delete post???
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
registered member can't delete post??? [message #8967] Tue, 04 March 2003 20:37 Go to next message
volvoman is currently offline  volvoman   United States
I Need to know how to set up the forum so that registered members can delete posts.
Thank You
Re: registered member can't delete post??? [message #8972 is a reply to message #8967] Wed, 05 March 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kaepten is currently offline  kaepten   Switzerland
volvoman schrieb am Die, 04 März 2003 21:37

I Need to know how to set up the forum so that registered members can delete posts.
Thank You

ok this is not the answer you expect but; are you sure, that you want to permit delete a message? Are there forums where you can do this?

I image a disusion: some posts are made and in the middle of the discusion - a posting is gone away. Maybe the discusion then is senseless. For me, this is impossible. From the moment it is not the first posting - deletion is not acceptable. My opinion.

kaepten

** my sig **
Re: registered member can't delete post??? [message #8973 is a reply to message #8972] Wed, 05 March 2003 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Normally you do NOT want users to be able to delete messages unless they are moderators or administrators. However, if you trust your users enough to grant then such abilities, simply use the group manager & grant 'DELETE' to the 'all registered' users group. I however strongly descourage this, simply because it would allow any registered users to delete any message and once the message is deleted there is no going back.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: registered member can't delete post??? [message #8976 is a reply to message #8973] Wed, 05 March 2003 16:46 Go to previous message
volvoman is currently offline  volvoman   United States
Thank you very much for your advice. I know that you are correct and the user that is a friend of mine has been a moderator on another forum so he was use to having that ability to delete. But i have no plans on doing that unless he wants to become a moderator in my forum.
Thank You Terry
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: fud23_search database corrupt
Next Topic: How do i make a user a moderator?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:34:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03038 seconds