FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » French translation
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
French translation [message #8998] Thu, 06 March 2003 13:27 Go to next message
fredb is currently offline  fredb   France
Hello,

I have updated much of the french translation by vidaubannais. I have already tried to contact him once about the french translation, but he did not answer my email. Anyway, here is my updated msg file, feel free to use it (though I understand that this is very close to the next release). I have also made string modifications in 4 images. Should I post them (in .xcf.bz2 format) here ?

TIA

Fred

PS: I also wanted to thank the developers for their wonderful work! Smile
PPS: translating .hlp files is also in my TODO list, but I did not have time to do this work yet.
  • Attachment: msg.bz2
    (Size: 16.84KB, Downloaded 1105 times)
Re: French translation [message #9001 is a reply to message #8998] Thu, 06 March 2003 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes, please post the modified images in the xcf.bz2 format.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: French translation [message #9011 is a reply to message #9001] Thu, 06 March 2003 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. Here they are (I hope I did not screw up the font, I have had some problems in being able to use the special font with my X11 configuration in Gimp and I have finally used a Knoppix boot CD to do it).

Cheers,

Fred
Re: French translation [message #9131 is a reply to message #9011] Thu, 13 March 2003 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Updated the buttons, thank you very much.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re:French translation [message #9509 is a reply to message #8998] Thu, 03 April 2003 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fredb is currently offline  fredb   Slovakia
Hello again,

I have updated the msg file: I had unfortunately left some single quotes (') in the file and I think that this broke the Profile page when you choose french (it did for me here). Sorry for that. I also have updated some strings with better translations and translated the new untranslated strings.

I have also translated the Help directory in French. I am still wondering how a user can access some of the files (specifically create_polls, dis_sml, edit_tools, forum_sub, post_icon, post_not, show_index, smilies, thread_sub), but I admit I haven't look for long on my local test forum.

Greetings

Fred
Re: Re:French translation [message #9598 is a reply to message #9509] Sun, 13 April 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks, I'll include these fixes in the next release.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Re:French translation [message #10241 is a reply to message #9598] Sun, 25 May 2003 17:52 Go to previous message
Thanks, I am now happy to confirm that the Profile problem is now gone and that I can happily use the French profile on this site. Smile

Fred
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Fatal error:
Next Topic: total email integration
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Aug 03 14:36:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02630 seconds