FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Request to Join a Group?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Request to Join a Group? [message #9018] Thu, 06 March 2003 18:40 Go to next message
jgbutler is currently offline  jgbutler   United States
I think I've just about figured out how to set up groups and use them to control access to a forum, but one feature I cannot find.

How might a user request permission to join a group?

For example, I have a forum set so that it's VISIBLE, but not READABLE by both anonymous and registered users. It thus appears in the list of forums--tantalizing users to join in. It would be cool if users could click a button and have a request-to-join automatically sent to the moderator/leader of the forum.

Is this feature available and I just missed it?

Thanks for a fabulous forum system. I'm really enjoying it!

Jeremy
Re: Request to Join a Group? [message #9099 is a reply to message #9018] Thu, 13 March 2003 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
A user generally does not request to join a group, but rather request an access to a certain resource (forum) or premission to perform certain actions (posting) inside a forum. This request can come via e-mail, phone, whatever as long as the person(s) in charge get it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Request to Join a Group? [message #9104 is a reply to message #9099] Thu, 13 March 2003 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgbutler is currently offline  jgbutler   United States
prottoss wrote on Thu, 13 March 2003 09:43

This request can come via e-mail, phone, whatever as long as the person(s) in charge get it.

That's cool. I was just hoping there was a more automated way to accomplish this. Y'know, click a button and have your request private-messaged to the person in charge.

A feature like this would greatly encourage users to send in such requests--which could be a good or bad thing, now that I think of it.

Very Happy

Regards,

Jeremy

[Updated on: Thu, 13 March 2003 14:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Request to Join a Group? [message #9105 is a reply to message #9104] Thu, 13 March 2003 14:50 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can certainly send a PM about it, but in most cases non-priveleged user won't even know the resource exists because it's hidden away be the permissions system.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Error: Fix?
Next Topic: Importing Netnews articles into FudForum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Oct 03 02:26:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02995 seconds