FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » ...force the forum to display in another language/theme?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  ...force the forum to display in another language/theme? [message #9023] Fri, 07 March 2003 15:52 Go to previous message
StarLight{PL} is currently offline  StarLight{PL}   Poland
Hello,

I've installed 2.3.7, and I have the following problem.

My forum is, by default, in Polish language. But, our site is in 2 languages - for now it's Polish and English, may happen there will be more.

Now, what I need is a way to force the forum, when the unregistered user enters the forum from the english pages, to display forum's english interface instead of polish (it could be a bit difficult for non-polish-speaking user to register and change the theme to english Wink ). So far I've tried passing a parameter (f_en [like "force_english Wink "]) in URL, modified the [include directory]/src/root_index.php.t, like this:

<?php 

if ( !$usr->theme )
          if (!isset (
$GLOBALS[f_en])) $r q("SELECT * FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}themes WHERE t_default='Y'");
          else 
$r q("SELECT * FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}themes WHERE name='[english_theme_name_here]'"); //end else

else

$r q("SELECT * FROM {SQL_TABLE_PREFIX}themes WHERE id=".$usr->theme);
?>

rebuilt and when I tried to pass the &f_en=1 attribute it indeed used the english interface, but all the links were still pointing to polish language version.

Is there a way (or a path which I may follow Wink ) to enforce the theme so the links would point to their english, not polish counterparts, without adding the f_en to all links? I've noticed it sets up a session, maybe I can store it there? I'm a bit confused about the way things are built in main index. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA,
StarLight{PL}
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Previous Topic: How to change the header and footer in FUDForum
Next Topic: rating column
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-