FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon11.gif  Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted [message #9280] Thu, 20 March 2003 10:53 Go to next message
masselinkies is currently offline  masselinkies   Germany
A crontab job is retrieving newsgroup items in a forum and I get this error, FudForum 2.3.8, Copy->Paste

X-Powered-By: PHP/4.1.2
Content-type: text/html

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in <b>/var/www/virtual/dach2/forum/include/theme/default/wordwrap.inc< ;/b> on line <b>32</b><br />
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />
icon3.gif  Odp:Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted [message #9281 is a reply to message #9280] Thu, 20 March 2003 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StarLight{PL} is currently offline  StarLight{PL}   Poland
I've seen such thing on heavily overloaded servers. It happened to devshed.com, it happened to php.net a few times... perhaps Your server is simply overloaded? Or there's a problem with wordwrap ? We have it disabled bcoz of the security flaw present in it... (had to write a replacement [grrrrr Mad Laughing ])

Just guessing... I'm no FUDgod, just a newbie here... Wink
Re: Odp:Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted [message #9308 is a reply to message #9281] Mon, 24 March 2003 14:43 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This is not a FUDforum error per say, your PHP has a limit of 8meg, if you try to allocate more memory then that script will terminate and display the very error you are seeing.

My suggestion is that you increase the memory limit to 10-12 megs.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Message post permissions issues
Next Topic: Error Log report (bug/perms?)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 02:23:45 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07611 seconds