FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Forum Displayed Multiple Times For Certain Users
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum Displayed Multiple Times For Certain Users [message #9497] Wed, 02 April 2003 13:36 Go to previous message
ScooterQ is currently offline  ScooterQ   United States
In the past three weeks I've run into an odd problem with two of my users. The first case (Cecil Samford) went like this:

I made Cecil a moderator on a couple of forums. After about a week he noticed that one of the forums he was moderating showed up in the forums list twice. One version showed that there were unread posts. The other showed that everything was marked as read. The forum functioned fine, there were just two of the same forum. He was the only user experiencing this problem.

About a week later I made another user (Mumbly) a moderator for a forum. Everything was fine for about five days, but now he's seeing double, too. The repeated forum for Mumbly is different than the one for Cecil and unlike Cecil, it's not a forum he is moderating.

I've logged in as both users on numerous machines on multiple platforms and the problem is definitely repeatable. I've cleared cookies to no avail. I've cleared session data from the database to no avail. I've run the consistency checker to no avail.

I'm pretty certain the problem is on the server side because I can go to a new machine that has never logged into my forum and the problem occurs. The thing I can't figure out is why. I'm stumped.

• Attachment: cecil.jpg
    (Size: 76.62KB, Downloaded 653 times)
  • Attachment: mumbly.jpg
    (Size: 54.60KB, Downloaded 655 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 02 April 2003 13:36]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Long E-mail adresses dont work in ver. 2.3.5