FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » FUDforum 2.5.0 translations
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
FUDforum 2.5.0 translations [message #9856] Sat, 03 May 2003 17:56 Go to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Hi guys,

I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, which is the FUDforum 2.5.0 development. As of today all the translation have been synchronized with the primary (english) translation and appear to compile into FUDforum themes. However, all translations are not up to date, meaning that there are a number of untranslated strings in each one of them. Fortunately, in most cases the number of these strings is fairly small and should take minimal amount of effort to translate them. I would be utterly grateful to all translators if they would be able to allocate a small portion of their time in the next two weeks and update their translations, so that FUDforum 2.5.0 can come out will a completely up-to-date localization. To make the job easier, below are the stats of each translation and attached is the archive containing the 'todo' list (list of strings needing translating) for each translation.

bulgarian       translation has 60   untranslated strings
chinese         translation has 42   untranslated strings
french          translation has 83   untranslated strings
german          translation has 97   untranslated strings
italian         translation has 161  untranslated strings
latvian         translation has 86   untranslated strings
polish          translation has 62   untranslated strings
russian         translation has 59   untranslated strings
spanish         translation has 140  untranslated strings
swedish         translation has 71   untranslated strings
turkish         translation has 59   untranslated strings
portuguese      translation has 105  untranslated strings
norwegian       translation has 77   untranslated strings
russian-1251    translation has 59   untranslated strings
czech           translation has 62   untranslated strings
slovak          translation has 947  untranslated strings
dutch           translation has 158  untranslated strings
chinese_big5    translation has 41   untranslated strings

Please attach your translations as replies to this message.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re:FUDforum 2.5.0 translations [message #9866 is a reply to message #9856] Sun, 04 May 2003 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fredb is currently offline  fredb   Ukraine
prottoss a écrit le sam, 03 mai 2003 19:56

Hi guys,

I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, which is the FUDforum 2.5.0 development. As of today all the

Nice to hear. I wonder which is the correct CVS module to use now: fud21_install or install. I guess it is the later, unfortunately this one is not browsable through the web interface.

french          translation has 83   untranslated strings

Please don't forget that I already submitted some changes (which should fix the Profile problem when you choose the french language) (in the French translation thread).

Anyway here is the french patch for this.

Keep up the good work.

Fred
Re:FUDforum 2.5.0 translations [message #9923 is a reply to message #9866] Tue, 13 May 2003 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks, I've added this to the french translation.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re:FUDforum 2.5.0 translations (russian-1251 changes) [message #10028 is a reply to message #9856] Thu, 15 May 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KVentz is currently offline  KVentz   Russian Federation
Hi!

Russian-1251 changes are ready to use ;)

Hope, in will be useful
Re:FUDforum 2.5.0 translations (russian-1251 changes) [message #10044 is a reply to message #10028] Fri, 16 May 2003 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks, it was commited to the CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FUDforum 2.5.0 translations [message #11477 is a reply to message #9856] Mon, 30 June 2003 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gladiator is currently offline  gladiator   China

Just updated chinese translation to 2.5.0 stable version.

Hope it helps.

http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=11468&rid=0
Re: FUDforum 2.5.0 translations [message #11478 is a reply to message #11477] Mon, 30 June 2003 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks, I'll add it to the CVS shortly.

FUDforum Core Developer
Ynt: FUDforum 2.5.0 translations [message #11744 is a reply to message #9856] Wed, 16 July 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tufan is currently offline  tufan   Turkey
Hi,

Since I haven't been updating for a long time, I quickly updated the translations in turkish.todo, produced by tr_status.

Attached is one copy of it. A more detailed revision of ENTIRE translation is on the way.

Keep up the good work!

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/firefox-spread-btn-1.png
Re: Ynt: FUDforum 2.5.0 translations [message #11750 is a reply to message #11744] Wed, 16 July 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks, I've added the translated text to the CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FUDforum 2.5.0 translations [message #13584 is a reply to message #9856] Sat, 18 October 2003 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bjorne is currently offline  Bjorne   Sweden

Swedish, I hope I translated the words right some words were hard to know if they were presens or not..
Re: FUDforum 2.5.0 translations [message #13594 is a reply to message #13584] Sat, 18 October 2003 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Applied, thanks.

FUDforum Core Developer
Updated turkish translation (again) [message #15102 is a reply to message #9856] Tue, 02 December 2003 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I updated the turkish translation again.

I converted from ISO-8859-9 to UTF-8 now. If it's not a problem for you, we can use UTF-8 from now on for the turkish (for the english as well, maybe?). (Edit: The only problem is with dates when using UTF-8, but the problem might be due to my system settings, I'm not quite sure.)

Attached is a copy of the updated msg and help files.

I upgraded to RC8 without any serious problems (some of the groups I created were destroyed, but it was a minor problem for us).

By the way, the new icons are pretty nice. (perhaps a new set of smileys is a good idea too?)

Cya again...

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/firefox-spread-btn-1.png

[Updated on: Tue, 02 December 2003 13:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Updated turkish translation (again) [message #15107 is a reply to message #15102] Tue, 02 December 2003 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The problem with dates is not specific to you, it happens because the dates are generated by the system using locale + charset which for Turkish is ISO-8859-9. So what happens is that the engire page uses UTF-8, but the dates use ISO-8859-9, which will cause them to not appear correctly.

FUDforum Core Developer
Ynt: Re: Updated turkish translation (again) [message #15150 is a reply to message #15107] Thu, 04 December 2003 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, then the locale should actually be tr_TR.UTF-8
I guess tr_TR (on most systems) either contains ISO-8859-9 data, or a symbolic link to that data.

I checked, dates are correctly displayed when the locale setting in turkish/locale file and in all the turkish-based themes is tr_TR.UTF-8.

Re: Ynt: Re: Updated turkish translation (again) [message #15164 is a reply to message #15150] Thu, 04 December 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ok, I'll try it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Ynt: Re: Updated turkish translation (again) [message #15222 is a reply to message #15164] Fri, 05 December 2003 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
UTF-8 is a pain in the ass for languages using umlauts if the environment doesn't completely support it. Apache 2 for instance, defaults to ISO-8859-1 as standard charset unless it's been explicitely turned off (hardly anyone is doing it). As a result you will get borked pages.
To illustrate the problem try to communicate via ssh from a stock RedHat 9 installation (which uses UTF-8 as locale) with a FreeBSD server (ISO-8859-1 as locale) Smile. For compatibility I would turn off UTF-8 until the day it really gets supported. And that's pretty far away from now in my opinion

Olliver
Re: Ynt: Re: Updated turkish translation (again) [message #15223 is a reply to message #15222] Fri, 05 December 2003 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
All browsers support UTF-8, but I'd prefer to avoid if possible.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Ynt: Re: Updated turkish translation (again) [message #15224 is a reply to message #15223] Fri, 05 December 2003 18:25 Go to previous message
Olliver   Germany
The browsers aren't the problem, Ilia but the servers. If a server provides a default charset, despite the one already defined in the html source, it makes the browser still use the wrong charset at first. Unless you manually set the proper charset in your browser, and that's for each request. Now imagine a German, Turkish, Finnish or Swedish forum (all using umlauts) running on Apache 2 using UTF-8 (and the server switching to ISO-8859-1)...

Because of this "feature" of Apache 2 I've already received bugreports for BBClone and had a hard time to explain to the people that it's not the counter but the server causing the problems. I'm pretty sure you don't want to deal with false bugreports, do you? Wink

Old Apache 1.x isn't affected by that problem, but the amount of Apache 1.x servers isn't increasing these days...

Olliver

[Updated on: Fri, 05 December 2003 18:26]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Fatal error
Next Topic: Ripping out the ICQ stuff
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 02:00:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02868 seconds