FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » error message in popup boxes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
error message in popup boxes [message #9408] Wed, 26 March 2003 18:35 Go to next message
elnino is currently offline  elnino   United States
Hello.

I have disabled private messaging on my forum, and when someone tries to find a member to add on their buddy list or ignore list (which both use pmuserloc in a new browser window) the error message uses the header template instead of the header_plain template. So I end up with a little 250x200 popup window with the entire website look in it. Does that make sense?

Is there a template used for errors that use the header_plain template as opposed to the header template? How do I change my pmuserloc.
Re: error message in popup boxes [message #9594 is a reply to message #9408] Sun, 13 April 2003 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The solution is the elimination of the link if the member search is disabled, not changing the header on the error form. This is something that is fixed in the next release.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error message in popup boxes [message #9705 is a reply to message #9594] Tue, 15 April 2003 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elnino is currently offline  elnino   United States
thank you for replying, but I didn't disable member search, I just disabled the private messaging. - which in turn disabled pmuserloc.

pmuserloc appears to be used by other items other than just privatemessaging. Such as buddylist and ignore list.

So I was hoping to either be able to do the search even if the PM is disabled, or if we can't do the search, to then make the popup error box use the plain_header "look" instead of putting the whole site in the pop-up.

Does that make sense? Thanks for your help!!

LN
Re: error message in popup boxes [message #9924 is a reply to message #9705] Tue, 13 May 2003 13:25 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I believe this problem is fixed in 2.5.0, please try it and let me know if that is indeed the case.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: (nntp.php) 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Next Topic: typo on "account confirmation error" page
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Oct 09 10:20:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03394 seconds