FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » How about a Calendar
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How about a Calendar [message #8957] Tue, 04 March 2003 01:18 Go to next message
Anonymous   United States
just a thought

I love this Forums software great job and my hats off to you guys.

also

what about the possiblity of having a forum area that can only be accessed by password.

I would love to add some private VIP forums that could not be seen by the average user.

Re: How about a Calendar [message #8966 is a reply to message #8957] Tue, 04 March 2003 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jenn is currently offline  Jenn   United States
You can have private forums by setting up the groups in the "group manager" link.

Re: How about a Calendar [message #9039 is a reply to message #8966] Sat, 08 March 2003 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penrick is currently offline  penrick   United States
I absolutely want/need a calendar. I created a forum "Upcoming Events" but I have to keep checking it to tell people as the date gets closer.
Re: How about a Calendar [message #9041 is a reply to message #8966] Sat, 08 March 2003 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penrick is currently offline  penrick   United States
Jenn wrote on Tue, 04 March 2003 12:05

You can have private forums by setting up the groups in the "group manager" link.

How do you do it exactly. Here is my thinking. I want all mayoral candidates to be able to speak among themselves and the same with council candidates. I have been to the group manager link but how do it restrict it to just certain users?
Re: How about a Calendar [message #9081 is a reply to message #9041] Thu, 13 March 2003 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The way to do it would be to introduce the new permissions options to the group system, something like 'Access to Calendar', which would be off for more users and you can turn it on for users who need it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How about a Calendar [message #9974 is a reply to message #9081] Tue, 13 May 2003 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
One day I will get off my arse and clean up some calendar code I have written and submit it to prottoss. Now that spring semester is over I should have time to do it.

If it gets put in or not is a different matter all together.
Re: How about a Calendar [message #9975 is a reply to message #9974] Tue, 13 May 2003 16:44 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Hmm... to those of you who are genuinly interested in calendar code and wish to see it in FUDforum at some point, here is my suggestion. Write detailed description of how such a feature would work (and I mean detailed) and why do you think it would be of use to at least 1/2 of FUDforum users.
If you do that there is a very good chance I'll add a calendar myself.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Mark unread
Next Topic: Portal Thoughts
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:31:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02689 seconds