FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » i cannot delete the server root and data root folders..
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: I need help with this too... [message #10160 is a reply to message #10157] Wed, 21 May 2003 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
stevie is currently offline  stevie   United States
either I'm missing your point or you're missing mine Smile

The built-in script is fine if fudforum is running.

But if for some reason fudforum isn't running, it would be good to have an external php script to unprotect those folders.

For instance, let's say that you have fudforum running fine, and then all of the sudden some problem happens that disables fudforum. For instance, one of the crucial php scripts is corrupted, or the mysql server goes down, or something like that. There are various conditions that could cause fudforum to not operate. In a situation like that the admin would want to debug the problem which might involve poking around in the fodforum folders (looking at logs, figuring out if one of the php scripts is bad, etc.)

I'm a newbie but maybe I'll try to figure out such a script - I just assume it would be trivial for you and may help us to debug our own problems rather than rely on you so much. -Steve
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message