FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » no maillist.php lock file??
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
no maillist.php lock file?? [message #11252] Tue, 24 June 2003 21:59 Go to previous message
Tobias Eigen is currently offline  Tobias Eigen   United States
Hi Protoss,

I just made an unfortunate discovery: there appears to be no lock file for maillist.php. I've been running commands like this for the last few hours:

Quote:

cat /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/debate.mbox/debate.mbox | formail -s php -f /home/httpd/vhosts/kabissa.org/httpdocs/team/forum-data/scripts/maillist.ph p debate(at)lists(dot)kabissa(dot)org

These are pretty big mbox files, so this tends to run for about 30-45 minutes for each forum.

Sadly, I think I've corrupted the forum files in the process because when people post to a list at the same time and maillist.php is called to archive that message, they both write to the forum files at the same time. At least this is what it looks like because I've now got topics containing messages from other topics.

Is there a way to prevent this using lock files or something similar? I don't think I'll be able to rescue my database for now, since I've now imported more than 3000 messages and can't really be sure how many have worked correctly! So I'll be starting over. Live and learn. Smile Good thing I've got these MBOX files to work with..

How do I clear out the topics completely? I seem to only be able to do it up until today using the topic pruning option - how do I delete today's messages too?

Cheers,

Tobias

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: sql error in groups?
Next Topic: maillist.php not working correctly with email addresses containing +
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 21:23:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07288 seconds