FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Integrated Listserv/Mailing List (ie, not bridging)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Integrated Listserv/Mailing List (ie, not bridging) [message #12051 is a reply to message #12046] Sat, 26 July 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jlb0001 is currently offline  jlb0001   United States
Prottoss,

With all the respect due a core developer, I must say that the "purpose" you listed is an extremely limited view on such a feature's utility. Is there some "alterior motive" for limiting this feature's usefulness? Why is it that the "many users" that misunderstand your purpose for something are wrong for having a perfectly beneficial purpose of their own for a particular feature?

With that said, I believe you may have misunderstood my post if your response was with repect to the feature that I (and others) have requested. Instead of "misusing" an existing feature, the request is to have an integrated product which would not be a "hack" for the need that exists for those wanting to transition from mailing list formats to a format where both interfaces are available.

The fact is that most community discussions still occur in the mailing list format (despite the benefits of web forums). If there were good options for users to have both interfaces available, there would be many lists that move away from lists like Yahoo Groups.

In the world of online discussion forums, there are many options. It seems reasonable that those forums close to being on the forefront would be interested in getting a little bit ahead by implementing a feature that is widely needed. FUDforum is the closest to having this option simply because it already has the bridge option built in. phpBB has a M2F mod in the works but the fact that it also only bridges with mailing lists, so many challenges result. An integrated mailing service alleviates these problems by using a shared message and subscriber base.

This is sort of a cutting-edge idea, so it seems reasonable that many others out there that could use this feature don't know to ask for it. Perhaps discussions like this will increase awareness among those that this feature would benefit. As that occurs, there is no doubt that this topic will get requested more often.

Thanks for your consideration of this feature request.

[Message index]

Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: "Password protected forums"
Next Topic: How do I make anonimo vote on polls
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Aug 03 03:30:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04786 seconds