FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » 2.5.2 Feature Discussion
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: 2.5.2 Feature Discussion [message #12414 is a reply to message #12035] Thu, 07 August 2003 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
The only reason I go with the default layout in FUD is because of the way customizations are "broken" when upgrading. Even modified forum rules get changed during an upgrade. This issue is something I took into account when I fully redesigned my site. I wanted to be able to upgrade FUD easily yet I wanted to keep a cohesive theme to my site. So, I ran with FUD's scheme. To see what I mean visit http://ug.dyndns.org

That, and the lack of any sort of developer documentation, are my two issues with FUD. I really like the software and one day will force time into my schedule to fix the ikonboard converter so that I can "upgrade" the forum at http://www.dreamcast.info

Oh yeah, the best thing about FUD is the interaction between the developers and the user base. Generally if a bug report is submitted in a well formed manner and is reproducible they are fixed quickly. If suggestions are good and well described they usually get implemented at some point. And of course, threads like this one.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 August 2003 03:25]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How many can view the forum at the same time???
Next Topic: New in 2.6.0RC1
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Aug 03 10:37:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03966 seconds