FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » This one will never fly but here it is anyway.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: This one will never fly but here it is anyway. [message #13127 is a reply to message #13097] Mon, 22 September 2003 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
What is wrong about my statement? I said myself that it is possible to edit the header and footer templates to add custom content to them.

Let's for discussion sake say that the folks running http://www.hashweb.org/ want to add FUDForum to their site and have it fill in where the news items are and keep their menu to the left. So far the only way I have been able to come up with to do such a thing is to embed the forum into the page. I have not found an easy way to integrate the forum into a page, like the one mentioned, and be able to easily upgrade the forum in the future.

Take a look through the sites that were posted to this thread http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=340&rid=267 (the ones still around anyway). Notice how all the ones that still use FUD put it in its own little section that has to link back to the main site? I imagine that in most cases they did that because of the, sorry to put it so bluntly, pain in the ass it is to do otherwise.

This is the only problem that I, and people that I have recommended FUD to, have with FUD. I have sat at work a few times perusing the FUD source trying to decide if it would be worth it to rip the software apart and rework how it outputs content. I came to the conclusion that it would be a huge headache. I am currently considering starting my own project but I know anything I write is not going to be half as comparable to FUD. *shrug*
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif