FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Newsletter-type feature  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Odp: Re: Newsletter-type feature [message #13529 is a reply to message #11755] Thu, 16 October 2003 12:56 Go to previous message
StarLight{PL} is currently offline  StarLight{PL}   Poland
Ilia napisał(a) dnia śro, 16 lipiec 2003 05:27

Adding the ability to send an e-mail to all members of a particular group is indeed an interesting one and I will take a look at adding such a feature to an existing mass-mailer.

My hesitation and ultimate decision not to implement such a feature stems for security concernes. In phpBB by allowing people to see groups as well as members of those groups and resources this group controls first of all it takes away a little bit of security from 'blocked' resources. it also opens a door to people who will nag and annoy group managers & administrators to gain access to various resources (forums) they have no access to and probably for a good reason.

A mass mailer to specific group is a very useful feature, my forum also has a need for this.

As for "asking for joining a group" it's also very desirable to have this feature around. Those not wanting to have this "security flaw" should have the ability to retain current FUD behavior by turning that feature off... I've forums for different projects and people do not like the idea of PM'ing a moderator for joining...

Whoops sorry, came here from search and didn't notice the date...

[Updated on: Thu, 16 October 2003 13:40]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Subscript/superscript extensions
Next Topic: Ask to join a group - is that feature present?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 05 08:17:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 3.16601 seconds