FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Themes and upgrades
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Themes and upgrades [message #15757 is a reply to message #15699] Sun, 04 January 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
Nope. If customizations are no more than header/footer/css, it's not so much work. I only had to rework it once from 2.3.2 to 2.5.2/
What's painful for me and done every time - to delete default message icons so that they don't show up next to my own customized, smilies are not atomatical and if you have different file-names, you won't see the default ones, thankfully. And I think I had to re-upload some cusom buttons, like the ones in control panel...

The other question that change from 2.5.2 to 2.6.0 will be much more significant, and counting I think to make major changes to the new message display layout I don't like - that can cause more problems certainly, counting that it will require to redo it all anew every time, because if template is changed - this is for some reason (may be a bug fix - or a new feature?) and if you want to keep this change, you can't simply copy, you'll have to redo, I'll have to redo... Well, it's rather small 'payment' for having this wonderful engine developed and supported so vividly, I say! Smile

Lady of Avalon
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message