FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Themes and upgrades
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Themes and upgrades [message #15782 is a reply to message #15764] Mon, 05 January 2004 01:30 Go to previous message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
As far as I understand, you are talking about message icons.
Also, if I understand it right, the upgrade script overwrites changed files checking by their version name, which is not possible in case of icons...
But then icons are not updated every time, so no need to include them may be? That's a part of possible solution, as it seems to me.

I didn't know until reading this topic, that old files are stored in the backup dir. But the first time I discovered the message icons are overwritten, I named my new icons differently, so I only needed to remove the ones I don't need on the next upgrade. So, if we suppose, the forum admin has enough wits to use one or another from the above-mentioned work-arounds (restore from backup or give different names if he's too lazy like me to read docs), another partial solution may be to check for file existence in case of an icon update and NOT create it if DOES NOT exists?

As for the smilies new pics every time, I don't even need to remove them since they are included from database, so unused smilies don't give any problem (for more deleted by optimizer?). A forum icons manager as for smilies and another SQL table? That's another cardinal possible solution, seems to me...

Lady of Avalon
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message