FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » GLOBAL settings confusions in 2.6.0 vs 2.5.x
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: GLOBAL settings confusions in 2.6.0 vs 2.5.x [message #15908 is a reply to message #15900] Fri, 09 January 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
Wild_Cat:

1) You have the entry for $MAX_LOGGEDIN_USERS from GLOBALS twice in the main admin config...

My mistake in exlpanation! In GLOBALS.php I have this entry only once but I have a field to update it twice admglobal.php! (1st between
Ilia:

2) SQ stands for sequnce and it's a session security measure.

So I can't strip it from URL any more to give external links? When I enter as anonymous from another browser (IE) on the index page, it generates URLs without SQ parameter and I cannot enter any forum - it gives me error: wrong URL.
Oups! It was quite another bug, I see it now: the index page urls for anon user gives links to forums as following: t=threadt Shocked So it IS wrong...
Well, I do can strip this SQ thingy together with rid from urls to forums & messages?
I am beginning to think of another hack to have a "neutral" URL generated for each forum and message Smile (not that I already have done many but have many in mind... Wink )

Wild_Cat:

3) What the "name" field in profile (and database for that matter) is used for in the forum? I can't see it anywhere...
Ilia:

User's full name, only used for administration.

Actually, I think this could be useful to include on profile page? Well, that's up to me I guess and I will just put this value somewhere in the profile page as well as a number of other values I'm thinking of... Yet, may be it could be used in general forum distribution too - could be handy to address PMs by name, not the nick if need to contact, it isn't listed to users anywhere that it's a private field anyway, right?

Wild_Cat:

4) What the $SITE_HOME_PAGE in GLOBALS.php is used for? I havent' found it referenced anywhere on settings page or in display views...
Ilia:

Useless field that has been there for ages, I am removing it in the next version.

This could be actually a useful field if we could have automatic link to our site homepage if this parameter were set besides the forum "Home" link in userCP above now..

5) BTW the admglobals.php when I change the anonymous user name only changes LOGIN & ALIAS to a new setting, the NAME remains on Anonymous Coward. Unhandy, may be have it changed to this new value automatically too?

(I were thinking about a hack allowing anonymous users to enter a name otherwise I had an awful confusion once from people I knew but who didn't want to register for 1-2 messages - they were all Anonymous and even without realising they'll be so they didn't sing their posts, so it was for me to guess who is who and I do think of allowing a couple anonymous forums) - I would actually put this possibility to specify name for anon users as a suggestion..

6) And I see yet another kind of bug - sorry for posting it here but it's in the context of discussed things - now Administrator is put as Custom Status to user 0 - Anonymous Coward! It's true the anon user doesn't get this custom status displayed it seems, yet... me neither! =)) (OK, I can set it by hands, but before it was set automatically and now it automatically sets my NAME to administrator and Custom Tag Administrator to anonymous user in the MySQL table

7) BTW, the anon user level is set to 3 but it doesn't get shown, also as I see msg count is not updated for anon users, so its level doesn't get updated either, right?

Cool Why the anon user_id is 1 but he is referred in rid=0 in URLs and poster_id=0 in MySQL tables? A bit confusing if trying to figure something new for the forum customisation... I guess it's because the automatic enumeration in MySQL put the first number to 1, but where the mechanism for tracking it as 0 in FUDforum, a bit of everywhere in MySQL SET queries regarding this anon user? But why not just use it as id=1 then and was the anon user anti-deletion securisation regarding this "double numbers"?

Lady of Avalon

[Updated on: Fri, 09 January 2004 11:38]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How make many ranks for user?
Next Topic: multiple urls for different languages?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:30:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04314 seconds