FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » GLOBAL settings confusions in 2.6.0 vs 2.5.x
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: GLOBAL settings confusions in 2.6.0 vs 2.5.x [message #15912 is a reply to message #15908] Fri, 09 January 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Quote:

My mistake in exlpanation! In GLOBALS.php I have this entry only once but I have a field to update it twice admglobal.php! (1st between

Fixed in CVS.

Quote:

So I can't strip it from URL any more to give external links?

Yes

Quote:

When I enter as anonymous from another browser (IE) on the index page, it generates URLs without SQ parameter and I cannot enter any forum - it gives me error: wrong URL.
Oups! It was quite another bug, I see it now: the index page urls for anon user gives links to forums as following: t=threadt Shocked So it IS wrong...

I think the problem is due to the fact you have enabled threaded forum listing for anon users but disable threaded forum views. To fix this either edit the profile of anon user (access via user manager with anon user's nick name) or eanble threaded topic views & then disable it (it should set correct values).

Quote:

Well, I do can strip this SQ thingy together with rid from urls to forums & messages?

That would open a big security hole in your forum.

Quote:

Actually, I think this could be useful to include on profile page? Well, that's up to me I guess and I will just put this value somewhere in the profile page as well as a number of other values I'm thinking of... Yet, may be it could be used in general forum distribution too - could be handy to address PMs by name, not the nick if need to contact, it isn't listed to users anywhere that it's a private field anyway, right?

It's a private field, mostly intended for when the admin needs to contact the user.

Quote:

5) BTW the admglobals.php when I change the anonymous user name only changes LOGIN & ALIAS to a new setting, the NAME remains on Anonymous Coward. Unhandy, may be have it changed to this new value automatically too?

Since NAME is a private fields users do not see it does not matter.

Quote:

(I were thinking about a hack allowing anonymous users to enter a name otherwise I had an awful confusion once from people I knew but who didn't want to register for 1-2 messages - they were all Anonymous and even without realising they'll be so they didn't sing their posts, so it was for me to guess who is who and I do think of allowing a couple anonymous forums) - I would actually put this possibility to specify name for anon users as a suggestion..

No, you are either anonymous or you should register account. I generally do not recommend allowing anonymous users to allow to post messages.

Quote:

6) And I see yet another kind of bug - sorry for posting it here but it's in the context of discussed things - now Administrator is put as Custom Status to user 0 - Anonymous Coward! It's true the anon user doesn't get this custom status displayed it seems, yet... me neither! =)) (OK, I can set it by hands, but before it was set automatically and now it automatically sets my NAME to administrator and Custom Tag Administrator to anonymous user in the MySQL table

Not sure I understand the problem, could you give me simple step by step instructions on how to replicate the bug? Thanks.

Quote:

7) BTW, the anon user level is set to 3 but it doesn't get shown, also as I see msg count is not updated for anon users, so its level doesn't get updated either, right?

No info such as post counts etc... are shown for anon user, because it's not a real user.

Quote:

Cool Why the anon user_id is 1 but he is referred in rid=0 in URLs and poster_id=0 in MySQL tables? A bit confusing if trying to figure something new for the forum customisation... I guess it's because the automatic enumeration in MySQL put the first number to 1, but where the mechanism for tracking it as 0 in FUDforum, a bit of everywhere in MySQL SET queries regarding this anon user? But why not just use it as id=1 then and was the anon user anti-deletion securisation regarding this "double numbers"?

It is necessary for simpler checks ala if (!user).

FUDforum Core Developer
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How make many ranks for user?
Next Topic: multiple urls for different languages?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:43:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05089 seconds