FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Mailing list receiving its own messages back
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Mailing list receiving its own messages back [message #160217 is a reply to message #160212] Tue, 04 August 2009 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
billnot is currently offline  billnot   Spain
Thanks, but I know that and that side of things is working OK. It isn't the forum that's getting the duplicates it's the mailing list. In other words, it's exporting, not importing that's the problem.

Most of my traffic originates as traffic to the mailing list. This sends a copy to the forum, which posts it. If a message originates on the forum, it sends a copy to the list, the list sends it back and it is recognised as a duplicate. So far, so good.

But until a week or so ago, a message sent from the list to the forum was posted to the forum but NOT sent back to the list. In other words, the software knew not to return posts originating from the lists.

Suddenly, it has started doing so (after three years of working perfectly) and I don't have a clue why.

The messages are collected from the forum incoming mailbox by getlists.php as a cron job.

If it helps, I can post a copy of both an original message and the copy sent back by the forum.

--
Bill Hayles
El Inglés Loco

[Updated on: Tue, 04 August 2009 11:48]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message