FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Links to translate.google.com
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Links to translate.google.com [message #160535 is a reply to message #160534] Sat, 26 September 2009 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
jm2morri wrote on Sat, 26 September 2009 08:06
I think you highly over-estimate my knowledge of fudforum. I have barely scratched the surface of understanding it's internals.

Perhaps, but you seem to have a much better grasp of the NNTP, than I so that's a big plus for you, I still struggle understanding so much of FUDforum's basics and NNTP is one of the things I don't understand at all.

Maybe that's a good way to go. I figured doing the translation would be a lot more work than simply forming a URL and displaying it. So let's rephrase this as "it would be nice to have a link to click that would translate the text of a message from one language to another". We'll leave the implementation details to the designers.

I believe it would likely work like selecting a different sized text or colors do, where you select your text, and then select translate and your desired language. But I would have absolutely no idea on how it would be accomplished. Then on the other hand there might be some way to simply translate everything to the users default language set in their profile?

Currently, I copy the text, go to translate.google.com, paste the text in, and click the button. I'm sure there are ways to automate that if a designer felt so inclined

I would do it the same way, if needed but having a translator built in would be a nice feature. There are a lot of good smart people out there that something like that could bridge the language barrier with.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"

[Updated on: Sat, 07 November 2009 07:24]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Settings: Require password only to update required information
Next Topic: [SOLVED] Feature suggestion: allow stripping out of ML tag from subject line
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 21:52:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07060 seconds