FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » GLOBAL settings confusions in 2.6.0 vs 2.5.x
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: SQ free urls for external links [message #16178 is a reply to message #15962] Sun, 18 January 2004 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
Ilia ÐÉÓÁÌ(Á) óÂÔ, 10 ñÎ×ÁÒÑ 2004 21:56

Quote:

Oups, a FUDcode surprise with double square brackets:

Cannot replicate here or on my development forum.

I've just seen the url still distorted as described in my previous message (you can look@ my initial post or your own quoting me to see the described effect), but now the same thing seems to render quite fine
[LINK]
[[url=http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=rview&th=3275&rid=542]LINK[/url]]
It has been perhaps an unnoticed mistake that is not there any more - and that's fine.

Quote:

Don't browse the forum (in another window) while writing a reply.

But that's quite an incovenience especially for forum admins who might often want to give links to other threads while writing a reply, but another user may want doing so too occasionaly for the same reason or quoting another thread. He will get dropped out of his reply and he won't know what happened - beacuse this never happened to him on any other popular forum engine, and I can't explain to everyone that they shouldn't browse the forum while posting and why (& for more still insist that I like this engine over others! Wink ... whie I can myself open windows in another browser or before posting, of course, but that's quite a pain in the ... Of course, you're the chief, but seeing your job done so accurately in most details, it seems that you could hear me if I suggest that security should not take over ease of use...

Oh more bug add-on, there is something strange with thread messages preview - when I hit 'preview post', I am told to be on the 2dn page, but I see thread posts below in quantity of 3 and they are from the first thread page, not the first ones, but starting around 3rd from the beginning in the thread if I'm not mistaken (here we're stuck at first try with not browsing wile posting!!!) and not ending with my last post on the 1st page either (3 was the quantity of posts on the 2nd page but they were other 3 posts, those truly from 2nd page...)

AND what's going on with u tag turning into /u at the beginning while reverse transformation (on edit or quote)?

Lady of Avalon

[Updated on: Sun, 18 January 2004 15:06]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How make many ranks for user?
Next Topic: multiple urls for different languages?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:35:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03339 seconds