FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » IPB 1.3.1 Conversion not working
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: IPB 1.3.1 Conversion not working [message #162474 is a reply to message #162473] Sun, 16 May 2010 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mmiller is currently offline  mmiller   Canada
Hi Frank;

Let's give it a rest for a bit - I'm finding that my unfamiliarity with the software is also causing some issues Embarassed For instance, I now realize that the import did import the user's birthdays but that the reason they are not showing on the calendar is because the software doesn't support it (not a big deal - I just didn't know that).

With respect to the pictures not showing up in the posts - I think that too is caused by the fact that my version of IPB would automatically insert the picture if someone attached a gif, jpg or what have you.

When someone used a remote URL for the picture it does show up in the imported post. When they attached a picture it shows up as an attachment - that's correct but my current forum shows them as pictures.

So, there are some things that aren't right (from the import process) but there are also a lot of things that are different, or, that I had not taken into account. That's why I'm thinking that conversion might take considerable time to shape things up.

Anyway, let's let it rest for a bit and when I'm more familiar with the forum and can more accurately ascertain what aspects didn't work properly during import, then I can report them back Razz Otherwise, I might send you on a wild goose chase Shocked
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message