FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » hey guys, any seo urls plugins?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: hey guys, any seo urls plugins? [message #162570 is a reply to message #162569] Thu, 10 June 2010 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
I was hoping there wouldnt have to be a "manual" in the merge hehe - Anyhow, just figured out that SEO URLS can co-exist with regular URLs so slowly merging them together.

However, something I just realized is that FUDs SEO URLS arent very attractive, since they do not list a topic title in the URL.

Example:
http://www.searchenginejournal.com/seo-best-practices-for-url-structure/721 6/

I *WAS* gonna say, see how it doesn't care if you edit the title, but actually it does care hehe so poor example.

Aaaanyway, wouldn't sort of the whole point with the SEO to have the topic title in the URL? As a not-used variable if nothing else?

IE:
fudforum.org/forum/index.php/t/21102/hey-guys,-any-seo-url-plugins?/

Where the last part, the title, is ignored by the system, it only reads the threadID like usual.

Hrmm, maybe one should add in the thread.php.t a new variable called like "thread_title_SEO" and then format it somehow by replacing spaces with "-"'s and then just append it to the {SECTION: whatever_lnk} templates? Shouldn't that work and make search engines index your pages better?

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message