FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Limit trolls (Use "Ignore" - List to disallow replies )
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Aw: Re: Limit trolls [message #162890 is a reply to message #162877] Mon, 23 August 2010 19:24 Go to previous message
alopezie is currently offline  alopezie   Germany
I really do not disagree ... but - like usual - a couple of points which could make life easier:

- Moderation is limited in a forum which has many posts ... more than 180.000 actually in one and the other more than 50.000. So can´t really read them all, and even with some few mods its simply not possible to be there 24 hours

- the proposed system is not a moderation system. It would simply cut off the personal disoutes. With many users I wouldn´t see the danger of cutting-off discussion, just limiting these "wars" between a few members (and where everyone has some good points)

In fact a different solution would be to collect "infractions" (like in vbulletin) ... and reaching a certain goal to exclude the user. But this would be much more difficult to do and beyond my cababilities, allthough probably much more elegant on the long run.

Alopezie.de - das Forum zum Thema Haarausfall
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Body/Subject Mangling
Next Topic: Settings: Require password only to update required information
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 21:39:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05977 seconds